Have you ever felt restless, lonely, and irritable lately due to the ongoing series of lockdowns?Perhaps you are experiencing what we called “cabin fever”.
Anything You Need to Know About ‘Cabin Fever’
The term “cabin fever” is used to describe psychological symptoms which emerge due to prolonged home confinement. Today, people around the world are being subjected to physical isolation as part of the government’s move in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. As an effect, it negatively impacted the social interaction and the mental state of some people particularly the most outgoing ones and those who are diagnosed with mental illness. Hence, their likelihood to develop cabin fever increases. But it is a different story for introverted people according to some studies, it is because introvertsare less likely to experience cabin feverfor they are accustomedto solitude.Overall, thispandemichas caused a sudden shift in the conventional way of socializationwhere people are now interacting online rather than physically,consequently, adding more mental stress since it disrupts the normal sleep cycle needed for the brain to function well.
Signs of Cabin Fever
Below are the signs of cabin fever a person needs to look out for.
- lack of motivation
If you are feeling some of these, it is more likely you are experiencing the following effects:
- insomnia or oversleeping
- trouble with concentration
- changes in eating habits
- increase alcohol consumption
- feeling lethargic
- lack of grooming
If you have observed these changes in your lifestyle during lockdowns, do not worry because cabin fever is just a state of mind that can be altered and there are ways to alleviate it.
7 Ways of Coping Up
Even though cabin fever is not considered a psychological illness, it can still negatively affect the emotional and physical state of a person as well as his/her behavior if it is neglected.To improve your state of mind and body, the following tips are recommended to them healthy:
- Cut down your internet time an hour before your sleeping time.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a healthful and balanced meal because it is not only your body that needs nutrition, your brain as well.
- Get plenty of sunlight, especially during the morning.
- Do what you are passionate about like painting, drawing, playing musical instruments, or even reading.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking, and drugs if you are into these things.
- Exercise daily
Always remember: “Success starts with self-discipline.” Feeling unmotivated already? Why not try enrolling yourself in a gym class where socialization, proper nutrition, and getting fit are found in one place.
Advantages of a Gym Class
Inside a gym class, you can enjoy the following perks:
- Finding new friends and instructors that will not only help you to get physically fit but also to stay mentally healthy.
- Motivation is available in every corner of the gym.
- Instructors are there to guide you with proper nutrition and the execution of exercises to avoid injuries.
- You can burn fats and tone your body using a complete set of gym equipment.
And all of these are found at Anytime Fitness because proper fitness can be done anytime but not just anywhere.