Because of its permeability, dental enamel is very stain-prone. Colored liquids can be absorbed via the teeth, resulting in a brown or yellow hue. Acidic beverages are another issue for dental enamel since the acid wears away at the enamel and softens it momentarily, making teeth even more susceptible to discoloration.
The tannins in tea cause stains in those who consume it frequently. Individuals should choose light-colored beverages such as white or green teas to avoid harming their teeth.
- Juice from fruits
Dark juices such as cranberry and grape can stain the tongue and teeth. Consider utilizing spritzers to dilute the black fluids.
Coffee is another beverage that can stain teeth due to its dark color, acidic composition, and the fact that it is consumed at high temperatures. The staining impact of coffee can be reduced by adding milk or cream.
- Pop/Colored Soda
All colored pop/soda can discolor the teeth in an instant. Colored soda/pop contains citric acids, which can erode dental enamel; also, soda/pop contains sugar, which causes tooth decay.
- Wine (red/purple)
Wine is thought to lower inflammation, making it good for persons with gum disease; nevertheless, the wine’s dark purple/red hue may stain teeth. The tannins in red/purple wine make it even more likely to stain your teeth. Those who wish to drink wine should do so afterward by rinsing their lips with water.
Ways to clean your stained teeth.
- Brushing your teeth more frequently and correctly should be your first priority. Brush your teeth after consuming meals and beverages that can discolor your teeth.
- If you are a wine lover and hate the stain caused by it, or just love other beverages that can stain your teeth you can buy wine teeth wipes. Like wet wipes, the wipes come in individually wrapped packets.
- Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide A paste made of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is thought to be effective in removing plaque and bacteria.
- Coconut oil pulling is said to whiten teeth by eliminating bacteria and plaque from the mouth.
- To whiten teeth, a tiny amount of apple cider vinegar can be used.
- Because of its great absorbency, charcoal is thought to be able to remove pigments and stains from your teeth. It’s also claimed to get rid of bacteria and toxins in the mouth.
Maintain a bright smile. Remember to have your teeth cleaned twice a year and to practice good dental hygiene every day to keep your smile bright.